- This event has passed.
Graze-a-Thon at El Sueño Ranch
July 22 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm MDT
Image credit Terrie Wade
Grazing planning doesn’t have to be daunting! Join us for a one-day intensive on increasing soil health, land productivity and profitability with adaptive grazing management. We’ll see how these principles are being applied at El Sueño Ranch and learn how to read the conditions of the land with simple monitoring techniques in order to assess forage and livestock needs. Then, we’ll translate these observations into a grazing plan to calculate stock density, animal moves and adequate recovery time for the land.
11am Ranch tour: forage assessment
12:30pm Lunch will be provided
1:30pm Grazing planning in small groups
3pm Ranch tour: monitoring techniques
• Sun protection, walking shoes
• Water bottle
• Laptop (we will also have paper spreadsheets)
• Folding chair
This field day is a collaboration between the New Mexico State Land Office, Holistic Management International, the Seeding Regenerative Agriculture Project, and NM Healthy Soil.
→ Read about Adaptive Multi-Paddock Grazing
- When: Saturday, July 22nd, 2023, 10am – 5pm
- Where: El Sueño Ranch, close to Clines Corner, NM (exact directions provided with registration)
- Please sign up so we know how much food to order. As always, this field day is free of charge: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVauotpej1wGpYYqyWEA0rp0uWNt2sA-0ZZeXWjlh339cVzQ/viewform